Make your own self-led study of an interesting view in the museum with the help of a mini art pack of good quality materials, a floorplan showing suggested viewpoints, and a voucher for a biscuit and hot drink (to help sustain your creativity).
This event has been inspired by the work of artist Mark Elsmore who paints interesting views of normal places and people. His exhibition Every picture…Watercolours by Mark Elsmore RI (in Gallery 2 until 15 May) showcases vision, technique, and storytelling — and also contains a lot of fabulous watercolours that are just nice to look at!
- Location: Gallery 2, first floor, stairs access only.
- Drop in at any time from 1-3pm (but please note we may have run out of mini art packs if you arrive later in the day).
- Cash payments can be taken in the gallery but please note card payments can only be taken in our Museum Shop. The Shop is a bit of a trek away from Gallery 2, so we recommend paying by cash in the gallery if you can.
- The biscuit and hot drink voucher is redeemed in our Shop, for a hot drink from our Cafe’s hot drinks machine. Please don’t take drinks or biscuits out of the Café.
- The mini art pack contains: 2 x Derwent Drawing Pencils in assorted contrasting colours (RRP £2.20 each); 1 x Derwent Charcoal Pencil in assorted grades (RRP £2 each); 3 x A5 sheets of toned drawing paper; a piece of mouldable putty eraser for detailed erasing and highlights; a card frame to help you compose your study and then mount it when complete.