Fancy a new outfit without spending a single penny? We’re hosting a clothes swap to celebrate the opening of our new exhibition, ‘Curated Closet’. Bring the clothes you no longer wear and trade them for new and exciting pieces!
It’s really straightforward: drop off your old clothes and exchange them for something new. Clothes for all ages, shapes, sizes and genders welcome – the more variety the better, and we hope there’ll be something for everyone! There’ll also be a chance to see the ‘Curated Closet’ exhibition, highlighting items from the Grosvenor Museum’s extensive costume collection, and to learn about sustainable fashion.
Booking is not necessary – just turn up on the day. If you’d like to arrange drop-off of clothing in the run-up to the event, please contact Poppy using the contact details below. The event is free to attend.
Terms and conditions
- Clothes must be clean and in good condition. Items will be checked on the door.
- Items that are well-worn, faded, personalised, damaged, or in poor condition will not be accepted.
- Max. 10 items per person may be brought. We recommend bringing around 5-8 items each.
- Swaps are one-for-one, independent of brands, labels etc.
- Children’s clothes welcome.
- Shoes, bags, and accessories welcome. Shoes must come in matching pairs and sizes. Worn earrings not accepted.
- Underwear not accepted.
- Unused tickets cannot be reimbursed, although they may be transferred to any future swaps.
Clothes swaps are great for your wardrobe – and even better for the environment! Did you know that the fashion industry is the second largest polluter in the world, and that three out of every five items will end up in landfill within a year of purchase?
Together, we can make a change. By consuming mindfully. By repurposing and buying second-hand. By making small changes to the way we shop.
For queries or information, please email Poppy Garrett, or ring her on 01244 972143