Join us this Christmas at Cheshire’s award-winning Lion Salt Works Museum. From Tuesday 5 December to Sunday 10 December, the historic site will be transformed into a free-to-enter ‘sparkling’ traditional English Christmas Market. There will be over 20 local market stalls offering great gift ideas, festive food, bell ringers, choirs and a chance to visit Father Christmas in his log cabin in snowy wonderland.
On Friday and Saturday night, relax and listen to live modern music and enjoy free drinks and a hot pot supper in the atmospheric surroundings of the historic Thompson Suite. Tickets £25 available from the Lion Salt Works reception or by calling Iain on: 07737 185 215
In addition to the varied and interesting stalls, the market will have an exciting range of free events aimed to appeal to the whole family. This includes meeting the most important visitor of all – Father Christmas. Open 10.30am – 4pm*, Tuesday – Sunday, activities include:
• a free-to-enter, Christmas market with a heated marquee for those wanting to relax with a glass of mulled wine and 20 tented stalls selling Christmas gifts and food
• a visit to Father Christmas in his Winter Wonderland Grotto in the Museum’s Butterfly Garden, children just need to follow the fairy lights and bring any letters they want to share with him
• a free family craft activities will be available in the spectacular, historic setting of the Thompson Suite where children will be able to make a wide range of traditional items, such as Christmas cards and paper chain decorations as well as writing letters to Father Christmas
• a chance for children to ride on a miniature steam engine around the site (£1 donation)
• a visit browsing the museum’s well-stocked shop which features gifts such as a new contemporary jewelry collection, bags, books and some special items made from rock salt
• a café offering light refreshments, including its Christmas specialty Emma’s Winter Gingerbread latte. The café is ideally located overlooking the imaginatively-themed play area, giving adults a chance to have a coffee while the youngsters play.
For further information call Phil Cox on: 01606 75066 Iain Stead on: 07737 185 215